Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extra brackets in Planner-Muse

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extra brackets in Planner-Muse
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 23:16:35 +0000

> I am not sure wether this "let's handle all possible special cases" is
> really eligible. If planner was responsible for inserting the date
> without the brackets in the first place, I would consider this
> behaviour the bug. If it was written by the OP for convenience one
> might argue, that it should be possible to leave out all the
> brackets. In any case I would prefer a clean and consistent solution,
> either every link with or every link without brackets. Just my 2ct.

Yes.  I was a bit impetuous. I think, however, that the only other
cases that would need including would be those matching a wiki-word
regexp that did not match a planner date regexp.  And perhaps the
links could be normalized as explicit links as part of the function.

How do the brackets get added in the first instance [if one starts out
without them, I mean]?  I can't track that down in the source.

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway