Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extra brackets in Planner-Muse

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extra brackets in Planner-Muse
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:44:34 +0000

>>>>> Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:
>>>>>>> Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Right. We need a link regexp that matches both implicit and

>>> explicit links, and we propbably shouldn't hardcode that. On my

>>> system, I've added a sacha/muse-link-regexp, but that's hackish

>>> like anything.

>> Perhaps muse-wiki-wikiword-regexp could be used. Hmm.  Loading

>> muse-wiki actually installs it into muse as well.  It probably

>> shouldn't do that.

> Why not?  If you don't want bare WikiWords to be matched, just set

> muse-wiki-use-wikiword to nil.

Because one might want to use parts of it, such as its regular
expressions, without actually having all the hooks etc. set up.
muse-wiki seems to be optional, rather like a global minor mode, which
means that the user should be able to choose whether to load it or
not.

So it would be bad to require it for some programmatic purpose
where its installation/insination is a mere side-effect.

Or rather, it would be a shame if one couldn't use parts of the code
in muse-wiki because of the side effect of installing muse-wiki into
muse.

I hope that makes some kind of sense!

Having said that, since trying to fix this problem, I agree with this:

> I'm really not a fan of making a generic regexp that matches both

> explicit and implicit links.  It was a lot simpler to make Muse do

> what it does now, which is as follows.

I tried to make something like that work for the multi links, and it
wasn't satisfactory at all.  Perhaps it is best not to try to make
implicit, or perhaps semi-implicit, links work in multi links after
all.

--
Jim Ottaway