Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extra brackets in Planner-Muse

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Extra brackets in Planner-Muse
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:32:35 +0000

> I am not sure wether this "let's handle all possible special cases" is
> really eligible. If planner was responsible for inserting the date
> without the brackets in the first place, I would consider this
> behaviour the bug. If it was written by the OP for convenience one
> might argue, that it should be possible to leave out all the
> brackets. In any case I would prefer a clean and consistent solution,
> either every link with or every link without brackets. Just my 2ct.

I think there are two separate issues: whether the original poster's
problem was caused by some bug; and whether non-explicit links
should be recognised in the list.

I don't know about the former: I think more information is required to
determine that.

But for the latter, I think that planner-multi-copy-or-move-task
should be able to deal with "bare" [i.e., non-bracketed] links, since
one might want to, or just happen to, type these links by hand.  I
don't think there are any special cases of such links: just what would
have counted as a link in the emacs-wiki version of planner.
Associated with this is the question of whether those "bare" links are
converted to bracketed ones when the task is copied or moved.

--
Jim Ottaway