Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-gnus issues/requests

From: Luca Capello
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-gnus issues/requests
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:00:58 +0100

Hello Seth!

On Mon 14 Nov 2005 16:06 +0100, Seth Falcon wrote:
> I've included below the config I have in .gnus.el which may get you
> started.  It sets things up like this (pic stolen from gnus info
> Window Layout doc):
<cut>
> You should be able to read the gnus manual from Emacs using C-h i
> and then finding gnus.

Ok, I need to investigate more, thank you for the info.

Basically, what I did now is:

1) I open gnus in a specific frame called "Gnus"

2) every time I start a new mail ([C-x m] or from Firefox) the frame
   called "Gnus" is selected (so the other frames are not touched)

3) I did the same for planner with the following function (stolen from
   Seth's one)

   (defadvice planner-gnus-browse-url
              (before planner-gnus-browse-url-other-frame)
     "Select the Gnus frame before opening a gnus:// link"
     (select-frame-by-name "Gnus"))
   (ad-activate 'planner-gnus-browse-url)

> This maybe is getting too off topic for this list, sorry folks.

Well, sorry for my question, I should have checked the info before.
Otherwise, IMHO every trick which involves planner is pertinent to the
list :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca