[emacs-wiki-discuss] Questions regarding planner-trunk

From: Michael Heinrich
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Questions regarding planner-trunk
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 23:09:13 +0100

Hello!

I (re-)discovered planner-trunk.el and don't know when to call
"planner-trunk-tasks".  Now I have it in "planner-mode-hook" but I would
like to have trunking happen whenever something changes in the Tasks
section.  Or where do other people trunk tasks?

Another question: I plan the GTD-ish way and have a real long
NextActions list.  Instead of having two different NextActions files
which are trunked by context or project I thought about dynamically
updating "planner-trunk-rule-list" for the NextActions page to get
different views of the same page.

Every task belongs to a context(-page) like @Home, @Work, ... and a
project page like EmacsPlannerConfig, EmacsGnusConfig ... .  If I want
to have a context view of NextActions I would set

,----
| ("NextActions" nil (("@Home" "Home")("@Work" "Work")("." "")))
`----

as element in "TRUNK-SECTIONS-LIST" in "planner-trunk-rule-list".

If I want to have a project view I want this element be replaced by

,----
| ("NextActions" nil (("Emacs.*" "Emacs) ("Otherthings.*" "Other"))
`----

Since my lisp skills are poor how would you do this?

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Michael.