Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Tasks as Appointments

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Tasks as Appointments
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:49:02 +0000

> I can't get the tasks/appts to show up in the schedule section of my
> day pages. I have the following lines in my .emacs

> (require 'planner-appt)
> (planner-appt-use-tasks)
> (planner-appt-insinuate)
> (setq planner-appt-task-use-appointents-section-flag t)
> (setq planner-appt-task-appointments-section "Schedule")
> (setq planner-appt-update-appts-on-save-flag t)
> (planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-insinuate)
> (setq planner-appt-schedule-cyclic-behaviour 'future)

That looks like it ought to work.

> The tasks/appts still show in the Tasks section instead of the
> Schedule section.

The appointments in the Tasks section don't get moved to the Schedule
section; they are copied there from the Tasks section.

Do appointment alerts get scheduled; that is, if you add an
appointment and do M-x planner-appt-show-alerts, does the added
appointment appear in an *Alerts* buffer?

If not, could you post an example task appointment line?

Regards,

--
Jim Ottaway