Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner and remind with wyrd

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner and remind with wyrd
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 23:00:11 -0800

ecocode <address@hidden> writes:
> Glad to read others are using planner for project management too ! You
> correctly described the feature I'd like to have in planner. This
> behaviour is actually not the way planner is implemented. I mean that
> this would probably require to have a planner page for every day between
> start and end of a those tasks , and this is not what planner means to
> work like , I think. Am I wrong ? Could this be a new feature to
> planner ?

It seems to me this isn't so far from how planner currently works.  If
I create a task and schedule it in the future, the appropriate day
page is created.  I think what you are after is something where you
create a task and schedule it to have a certain start date and
duration (or deadline) and then all the day pages in that interval
would get created if they didn't already exist.

What should happen when such a task is marked as done on a given day
page?  Are all of the tasks on the other day pages also marked done?

--
 + seth