Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner and remind with wyrd

From: Seth Falcon
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner and remind with wyrd
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:48:59 -0800

ecocode <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm still looking for an efficient way to be able to view multi-day
> tasks on each day in planner. As I am not able to produce this with
> planner I'm thinking about using remind and wyrd for these...

To clarify, for a 5 day task that starts on Monday and ends on Friday
you want:

    Today is Monday and you see the task on today's page.  But then
    you open the day page for Wed and you see it there as well.

This may be obvious, but it took me a minute to understand why the
automatic carrying of tasks forward wasn't enough.

> Planner can be more than just a pim to followup _my_ personal tasks.
> My company (see beaver-systems.com) is manufacturing glass-metal
> constructions. I'm using planner to followup projects because I don't
> like the way other project management software work. I used etask.el a
> little, but missed to have an integration with planner: because I need
> to have those tasks appearing on my agenda, and in my project pages. So
> I started to put everything in planner with the "deadline" attribute. It
> works except that I need to see all tasks running on each day even
> between start and deadline.

Yes!  My use of planner is also a combination of personal and project
Info Mgmt.

+ seth