Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode wishlist

From: Evan Monroig
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] planner-mode wishlist
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:45:53 +0900

Jim Ottaway <address@hidden> writes:

>> - hide tasks ids {{Tasks:2}}, etc.
>
>>   I don't know the internals, but looking at my plan pages, I see that
>>   half of the text of a link is hidden from view. So why not also hide
>>   the tasks ids, with a regexp like "{{Tasks:\\[0-9\\]\\+}}" ?
>
> You could re-define planner-id-markup like this:
(snip)

> It's possible that the task id might get accidentally deleted while
> one is editing though.

Although I could not make that code to run successfully, I found another
solution in the archives of this list [1,2] to replace the IDs by
images.

I used that code from Sacha Chua and created an image with the word "ID"
in light gray on a white background.

Tasks IDs don't bother me anymore, and I won't delete them accidentally
because there still is the small image.

Evan

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-02/msg00131.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2005-02/msg00132.html