Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Instructions for converting to Muse

From: Olaf Meeuwissen
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Instructions for converting to Muse
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:00:57 +0900

John Sullivan <address@hidden> writes:

>>   SL> Paul Lussier <address@hidden> writes:
>>   >> Steven Lumos <address@hidden> writes:
>>   >>
>>   >>> I guess what I was really asking is: Aside from renaming all of
>>   >>> my files to blah.muse, what else am I going to have to do?
>>   >>
>>   >> You don't even need to rename your files to blah.muse...  (setq
>>   >> muse-file-extension nil)
>>

>>   SL> Ah.  That's one of the things I disliked about switching to
>>   SL> Muse, but the NEWS file (for 3.40) says:
>>
>>   SL>   *** Planner files must have a .muse extension.
>>   SL>   Make sure that you rename your Planner files to have a ".muse"
>>   SL>   extension, or they will not be recognized.
>>

>> I feel a little guilty as it was my suggestion that muse files use an
>> extension. Quite a few people have complained about it, since a .muse
>> extension became the default.
>>

> I was very irritated by it at first, but since then I've come
> around, and I think it's a good idea. I encourage everybody to just
> go with the flow on this one :).

Same here, but converting all the Muse maintained documentation for
about five different projects was a pain.  I'd be nice if you could
customise the extension on a per project basis.  We can customise most
of the settings on a per project basis already, why not this one?
--
Olaf Meeuwissen
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/