emms-help

Re: [emms-help] Emms-playlist slow down my emacs

From: Yoni Rabkin Katzenell
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Emms-playlist slow down my emacs
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:12:36 +0200

"Daniel 'NebuchadnezzaR' Dehennin" <address@hidden> writes:

> Using the playlist buffer slow down my emacs when I have >4000 files,
> during the loading of infos.

Some questions come to mind:

Do you notice a progressive slowing down? Does Emacs start OK but become
sluggish as the files are processed?

Do you notice a change of speed in loading the info for individual files
when there are 4000 of them in relation to the speed of loading info for
individual files when there are much less?

I'm trying to see if this is an Emms bug, or just the natural
consequence of reading the info for a large number of tracks,