emms-help

Re: [emms-help] Emms-playlist slow down my emacs

From: Daniel 'NebuchadnezzaR' Dehennin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Emms-playlist slow down my emacs
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:50:22 +0100

Le 4522 Septembre 1993, Yoni Rabkin Katzenell a tapoté:
> "Daniel 'NebuchadnezzaR' Dehennin" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Using the playlist buffer slow down my emacs when I have >4000 files,
>> during the loading of infos.
>
> Some questions come to mind:
>
> Do you notice a progressive slowing down? Does Emacs start OK but become
> sluggish as the files are processed?

When I add my directory-tree, the playlist is build in 15 seconds max,
then it starts to play, M-x emms-stop take 4 seconds to display the
M-x and the I wait 15 seconds before the player is stoped.

> Do you notice a change of speed in loading the info for individual files
> when there are 4000 of them in relation to the speed of loading info for
> individual files when there are much less?
>
> I'm trying to see if this is an Emms bug, or just the natural
> consequence of reading the info for a large number of tracks,

The slowness seems to be due to the Playlist-buffer modifications,
my emacs becomes useable after 20 or 30 seconds, but scrolling down to
the point the buffer is modified make emacs hangs (several seconds
just to display a key combo like M-x in the minibufer), going at the
top of the buffer emacs becomes useable agin.

Thanks.
--
Daniel 'NebuchadnezzaR' Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: