enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] thank you!!

From: IvorW
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] thank you!!
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:13:32 +0000

Andreas Lochmann wrote:

>> I'm now stuck on the "advanced tutorial" level, but I've finally
>> figured out why the spoon could be a good thing.  (Though I have no
>> idea why a spoon would kill you when you drop it.)
>

> That's a German wordplay. We say "den Loeffel abgeben" ("to give the
> spoon
> away" meaning "not to eat anymore") as a circumscription for "to die".
>
> And ... what symbol is more non-violent?

Thank you for clearing up the significance of the spoon for us Brits.
Incidentally, what's wrong with F3? I've never seen a spoon in any
levels that need you to suicide the black marble (or indeed at all). I
think it would be better for the tutorial to teach people about F3.

Also on the subject of F3, the level #54: "Jump and Run" has a spring
that I can never get. The level encourages you in a note, to use F3, but
this resets the whole level, rather than merely costing you a life (is
this a bug?)

A spring would be really useful to get across the chasm - a goal which
requires expert timing, and becomes difficult to impossible without the
spring.

Ivor.