enigma-devel

Re: [Enigma-devel] thank you!!

From: Jacob Scott
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] thank you!!
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 03:54:46 -0600

Hi,

A spring would be really useful to get across the chasm - a goal which
requires expert timing, and becomes difficult to impossible without the
spring.

You obviously can't get across abyss without a bridge or
spring/umbrella, but if you're reasonably fast and set it up right
(using the puzzle-stones) you should be able to get across the chasm
in the room to the left.  There's no way to get the spring at the
beginning without trapping yourself, and F3 doesn't work in this level
because the level resets whenever you die, regardless of how or how
many extra lives you have (and that's how it's intended, I'm pretty
certain).

Thank you for clearing up the significance of the spoon for us Brits.
Incidentally, what's wrong with F3? I've never seen a spoon in any
levels that need you to suicide the black marble (or indeed at all). I
think it would be better for the tutorial to teach people about F3.

The use of F3 is kind of a debated topic -- if you need to be able to
suicide the spoon is a much more elegant solution.  I'm not sure if a
consensus has been reached on whether F3 will be allowed in future
releases, or if changing it now would affect too much.  Maybe someone
else knows more about this?

Jacob