Re: [ESPResSo-users] Dipole simulation using p3m

From: Peter Kosovan
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Dipole simulation using p3m
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:38:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Aparna

The message means that the stress tensor you get does not account for the
contribution from dipolar interactions. When you ask for the stress tensor,
Espresso produces some value but the dipolar contribution is missig because the
corresponding part of the code has not been implemented.

If you read the user guide, it says: "Warning: Stress tensor works only with certain
interactions and features. Same restrictions as in the case of Pressure are applicable
(see scetion 8.1.21)." There is an unresolved methodological problem of how to
include the contribution of torques to the pressure tensor if you have point-like objects
with non-central interactions.

peter

--
Peter Košovan