Re: [ESPResSo-users] Printing out velocity

From: Peter Kosovan
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Printing out velocity
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:25:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Aparna

to print the particle velocities, use the part command. E.g. if you want to
print velocity and angular velocity of particle 3, call

part 3 print v omega

Part command is abolutely essential and can do a lot of things, so I would
recommend to read section 4 of the manual in detail.

You have to print v before you start the integration. Velocities are not
initialized automatically but if you are using a thermostat, random forces and
friction bring them to the correct distribution after a few integration steps.

peter

--
Peter Košovan
Institute of Computational Physics