Re: [ESPResSo-users] Printing out velocity

From: Sreekumari Aparna
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Printing out velocity
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:57:11 +0000

Thank you Peter for explaining me, I have actually done the similar process, I
am writing it here.

for {set i 0} { $i < $n_part } {incr i} {
    set posx [expr $box_l*[t_random]]
    set posy [expr $box_l*[t_random]]
    set posz [expr $box_l*[t_random]]

    part $i pos $posx $posy $posz type 0
    part 0 dip 1 0 0 dipm 1.0 type 0
}
for {set i 0} { $i < $n_part } {incr i} {
gave $i for getting all particles velocity. I tried it with one particle also.
But I am not able to see the values it is outputting.
    }
>From the manual i found that i can use variant(2) to get the properties of all
>the particles. I tried it with out specifying the pid, but from the error
>message i got that pid is essential. So only i thought to write the way i
>mentioned above.

Regards,
Aparna