fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Patch for prompt and require

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Patch for prompt and require
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 22:51:19 -0400

> Sounds like you have given this some thinking already :)

Some, yea, not a ton yet though. The remote-end prompting thing would
be an awesome feature, I think, especially given some irritating
quirks of e.g. SVN (where you need credentials cached remotely or else
you get prompted -- my Rails using co-workers run into this all the
time with Capistrano, which lacks the feature too).

> Oh, I didn't know. What I meant was; I'm fond of the built-in help
> system, so I'd if you can fabric to list the decorators it exposes and
> detailed usage help for each.

Ah, gotcha. Yea, that'd be ideal; right now I don't think there's any
code-level differentiation between my fabfile decorators and ones used
only within fabric.py -- but that could probably be set up somehow
(even just by adding attributes to them post-declaration, perhaps).

-Jeff