fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Patch for prompt and require

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Patch for prompt and require
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:59:56 -0400

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Niklas Lindström <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1. Should I divide my list into several mails (e.g. three:
> "straightforward changes", "the change for skipping invoked commands"
> and "remaining suggestions")?

I think one mail per "ticket item" might be best, but I'm biased
because I use GMail as my mail reader and it makes it very easy to
track conversations like that. You could do one mail total, as long as
there's not too much text per ticket item and they're clearly
delineated (not necessarily grouped together, either, but just #1, #2,
#3 etc). But I think keeping them in separate threads would be best
for all involved, even if it means "more emails".

> 2. Regarding references to commits: are my commit messages at
> <http://github.com/niklasl/fabric/commits/master> ok enough to see the
> timeline of when things appeared?

Yea, that's probably OK, although (again) I personally don't care too
much about history as much as being given a good sense of what's
important at this point in time -- like I said, some of your commits
may be clashing with, or obsoleted by (or obsoleting!) changes from my
execution branch.

-Jeff