fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] I can't respond to prompts using Fabric "shell" or "run"

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] I can't respond to prompts using Fabric "shell" or "run" verbs
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:24:12 -0500

Yea, double check my original reply :) that's exactly what I thought you meant.

Niklas kind of threw the discussion off into a tangent which is
probably why you're confused ;)

These are two separate, but slightly related, issues:

* David: Detection of arbitrary prompting in executed commands and
"passing through" those prompts to the person running Fabric: not
implemented, but on the list.
* Niklas: Update of Fabric's own prompting mechanisms (i.e. asking the
user for variables and such) to allow for password-like hidden user
input: sort-of implemented, also on the list.

-Jeff