fab-user

Re(2): Re(2): [Fab-user] SSH abort Timeout

From: Miguel A. Lamy
Subject: Re(2): Re(2): [Fab-user] SSH abort Timeout
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:27:38 +0100

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for make it clear.

The changes you are talking about only will be available in version 1.0 not in
version 0.9, right ?

Thanks,

Miguel Lamy

address@hidden on quinta-feira, 10 de Setembro de 2009 at 16:02  wrote:
:> I hope this is the output you need:
:>
:> [localhost] run: cat /opt/tools/server_params/clientes/server_param_win|grep
"CONFIG" |cut -d= -f2
:> address@hidden run: /opt/tools/testvarAS.sh -f
/opt/tools/server_params/clientes/server_param_win
:>
:> Fatal error: Timed out trying to connect to 193.137.94.166
:>
:> Aborting.
:
:That was it, thanks! I checked, and yes, this is the explicitly
:defined current behavior and is not something that can be turned off
:with warn_only (warn_only just applies to the return value of programs
:executed with run or sudo -- not to Python level exceptions or
:problems.)
:
:I will update the ticket in question so I know where to look when I
:get around to changing this behavior. Shouldn't be difficult.
:
:> When I started looking at Fabric I thought that I didn't to explicitly put
the shell scripts I want to
:> execute to do deploy in the remote hosts (in this example testvarAS.sh). I
thought that I only need to have
:> it locally and run it with Fabric. I was totally wrong wasn't I ?  I hope my
question don't seems to
:stupid.
:
:You're right, that's not how Fabric works :) However it's not a stupid
:question, the docs don't yet make it clear just how Fabric is supposed
:to do things. I'm writing an overview/tutorial now which will make
:everything crystal clear for the future, though!
:
:Best,
:Jeff
: