fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Best way of making proposals for Fabric?

From: Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Best way of making proposals for Fabric?
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 21:25:39 +0000

On 03/03/11, Rory Campbell-Lange (address@hidden) wrote:
> > Have you considered a VPN?
>
> VPNs can work fine. But they tend to be for an all-port solution and we
> are talking vanilla SSH here. I'd like to have names for servers which
> are addressed by unreadable ip address/port combinations.

Sorry, that was poorly phrased. I mean I'd like a an alias or nickname
by which to refer to otherwise rather unreadable ip address/port
combinations.

~/.ssh/config provides an example:

Host test
        Port 4500
        IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_test
        HostName 216.34.181.45
        LocalForward 5222 localhost:5222

This server can be accessed by simply executing 'ssh test'.