fgs-bs

[Fgs-bs] [Fwd: Re: We've reached a millstone]

From: tps12
Subject: [Fgs-bs] [Fwd: Re: We've reached a millstone]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:03:39 -0400

I'm good.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: We've reached a millstone
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:00:06 -0400
From: tps12 <address@hidden>
To: Desired Username <address@hidden>

Desired Username wrote:
Keep in mind we want telnet to still work.  Other than
that, I think the current way is adequate.  There's a
numerical code at the start that says what kind of
message it is and then text for the body.  Flexible
yet readable.

Ah, telnet must still work? I'd forgotten that goal. CC'ing FEETURE to
list so I don't forget again. I thought we were thinking of a command
line client rather than raw telnet...

On the server end, numbers are easier to deal with,
but I think we can only do that if we kill telnet.

Numbers aren't really easier to work with, IMHO. If you use sequential
integers starting at 0 then you can use an array as a dispatch table.
Which is a tiny optimization that wouldn't even save typing in a proper
language.

So if I wanted to post a game in room 47, I would do
this:

203 47 "game info"

Where "203" is "post a game to a room"?

Zackles, bro.