fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] [Fwd: Logs section]

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] [Fwd: Logs section]
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:16:06 +0100

Mark Horner wrote:
> There is a danger that someone may unwittingly put content in the
> wikipedia which they are not entitled to.
>
> I believe that we should use content from the wikipedia because it is
> FDL licensed and one of our goals is to try to get people to later use
> our content just like we will use the content from the wikipedia.
>
> Wikipedia is responsible for ensuring their content meets FDL
> requirements and I believe that it is certainly reasonable for us to use
> their content in the belief that it is copyrighted under FDL. They
> publicly proclaim their content is FDL
>
> To be reasonable and a bit safer though, we should probably use
> wikipedia content as an initial draft for our content. Once we have
> modified to meet syllabus requirements, layout and style I think it will
> stand on its own.
>
> (Sam what do you think?)

if its GFDL'ed then fire on and use it... but i agree that it should only be
used as a starting point. we will eventually require book-wide consistency and
that will probably involve a full rewrite. the thing with wikipeda is that they
can go into as much detail as they want... we only want SA syllabus content. and
diagrams will have to be remade in pstricks :-/

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts