fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] [Fwd: fhsst maths audit]

From: Peter Hutnick
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] [Fwd: fhsst maths audit]
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:59:11 -0600

Mark Horner wrote:

> There is some content for logs but its relation
> to the exponential still needs to be included.

It says:

   Logarithms, commonly referred to as Logs, are the algebraic inverse
   of exponents.  When we say inverse function we mean that the answer
   becomes the question and the question becomes the answer. For
   example, in the expression a^b = x the "question" is "what is a
   raised to the b power." The answer is "x."  The inverse function
   would be log_a(x) = b or "by what power must we raise a to obtain x."
   The answer is "b."

Is this not what you mean by the relation to the exponential?

-Peter