fhsst-authors

RE: [Fhsst-authors] [Fwd: fhsst maths audit]

From: Clare Johnson
Subject: RE: [Fhsst-authors] [Fwd: fhsst maths audit]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 18:14:18 +0200

I meant that the sections:

Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
Symmetry in Functions
Inverse Function and the Inverse Method
The Exponential Function

do not exist yet.

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Peter
Hutnick
Sent: 11 June 2004 20:59
To: FHSST Authors

Mark Horner wrote:

 > There is some content for logs but its relation  > to the exponential
still needs to be included.

It says:

    Logarithms, commonly referred to as Logs, are the algebraic inverse
    of exponents.  When we say inverse function we mean that the answer
    becomes the question and the question becomes the answer. For
    example, in the expression a^b = x the "question" is "what is a
    raised to the b power." The answer is "x."  The inverse function
    would be log_a(x) = b or "by what power must we raise a to obtain x."
    The answer is "b."

Is this not what you mean by the relation to the exponential?

-Peter