Re: [fluid-dev] iiwu_* ==> fluid_*?

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] iiwu_* ==> fluid_*?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:32:03 +0100

Frank Barknecht wrote:
Hallo,

Hallo Frank!

I developed a iiwu~ external for Pd and Max/MSP (in CVS on
pure-data.sf.net) and thus I need to update it for the new fluid
API. Am I right after taking a very short look at the sources, that
currently the only big change in the API is the renaming of all old
iiwu_* types and functions to now read fluid_* so that a find/replace
action would make my external work again?

If you're already using the iiwu_settings_t structure that was
introduced not so long ago, then yes, it's mainly an issue of replacing
iiwu_ with fluid_.

BTW, Peter: On the LAD conference I told you, that my external would
also run on jMax but I was partly wrong. Thomas Grill told me, that
the jMax port of his flext wrapper for externals currently is in a
"proof of concept" stage. As both Thomas and I don't use jMax very
often, Thomas maybe could need a helping hand by some jMax experts
( hint, hint ;)

Well, I think it's already a great thing if it works with PD and
Max/MSP!

BTW too, that was a really nice presentation you gave at the
LAD conference. It's a pretty neat working environment you set up.
It was also good to see some real music making on Linux. If you have
some sound files available, I'd like to listen more to some of the music
you made. Is there anywhere we can access it?

Cheers,
Peter

ciao