Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.4-1

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.0.4-1
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:21:45 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Peter Hanappe wrote:

> I uploaded a new dist to the savannah server (version 1.0.4-1).
> This version includes the fluid_jack.c file and includes the
> fluid_synth_remove_sfont function.

Hi all!

First of all: Thank you for fluid_synth-1.0.4-1. From time to
time I try this software to test its usability for my
program NoteEdit:

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

Time ago I posted a little critism to this list concerning
the strings rendering and the overall sound quality.

Now with fluid_synth-1.0.4-1 the quality is much better than
with fluid_synth-1.0.3. The sound differs from hardware synthesis and
the TiMidity++ generator. But it sounds good and gives very
interesting new sounds.

The problem is: Some instruments seem to be much too silent.

Have a look at:

  http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/FLUID/fluidtest.html

Here you find a MIDI file and 3 MP3s:

        - hardware rendering
        - fluidsynth rendering
        - timidity rendering

As you can hear TiMidity is close to hardware rendering.
FluidSynth rendering differs but is very interesing,
but the piano is much too silent. The problem is: If I
accept this I have to produce always 3 different scores:

        1. for FluidSynth
        2. for all others

Pershaps it is a small bug.(?) Because the MIDI file
is at this page, too and because I use the free
FuidR3 soundfont from http://www.hammersound.org
you are able to find this small problem.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)