[fluid-dev] Fluid 1.0.4-1 - some patches now silent

From: Edenyard
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluid 1.0.4-1 - some patches now silent
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:49:56 +0100

I've been trying out the latest Fluidsynth 1.0.4-1 with my soundfont and I've discovered that some of the patches in the SF are now totally silent; with the previous 1.0.3 release they sounded just fine.

Using Josh Green's excellent Swami SF editor (after a re-compile to make it work with the new Fluid), I tried to determine what was going on. It appears that, where a patch is made up of a combination of different samples, some characteristic of one particular sample can now prevent the patch making any sound at all. Deleting that sample entry from the patch seems to cause the patch to start sounding again.

I need to spend more time experimenting with Swami to see whether I can spot a pattern to this and I think I'm fumbling around in the dark a bit anyway, since I'm only beginning to get to grips with SFs, but does any of this make any sense? And has anyone else noticed any of their patches now not sounding with Fluid 1.0.4-1?

I'd be happy to send my SF to anyone who was interested in this problem, bit it is quite big at over 1Mb!

        Cheers,

                Gerald.