Re: [fluid-dev] Number of bits of audio data

From: John Matthews
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Number of bits of audio data
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:20:22 +0100

I have experienced a problem with noisey sound with fluid with via 82xx
sound chips.  It turns out that the snd-via82xx driver is the problem.

To see if that's the same problem, download vias own "viaudiocombo" driver,
which is available on their website.  It's an oss driver and the latency is
too high to be of any use but the funny noises stop.

Upgrading to alsa 1.0.9b should help somewhat, though I still get funny
noises when fluid goes from silence to notes coming out. and when the last
note turns off.

I'm still trying to sort this out on my machine too, so would be grateful of
hearing more.

Hope this helps,

John Matthews.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edenyard" <address@hidden>