Re: [fluid-dev] Tuning

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Tuning
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:54:18 +0100

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:48:39 +0000, John O'Hagan <address@hidden>
wrote:
> In case you missed this, if you enter 'help tuning'  in the fluidsynth
> shell,
> you get the available commands for sending tuning messages to an
> instrument.
>
> For example, sending the following strings to fluidsynth via a socket
>
> "tuning name 0 0"
> "tune  0 0 60 5950"
> "settuning 0 0 0"
>
> tunes middle C down half a semitone for program 0, channel 0. In an
actual

> application not using the shell, it seems to only be necessary to send
the

> second line if you just want realtime tuning changes rather than presets.
>
> Trying to send cc messages above 127 produces an error in the shell, so I

> guess that means they're not implemented directly, only by the above
> method.
>
> HTH,
>
> John

Sorry, Josh and John, I took these numbers directly from my keyboard
controller manual. It's the master tuning control, actually, it sends RPN
controllers messages Master Fine Tuning (RPN 0,1) and Master Coarse Tuning
(RPN 0,2). FluidSynth seems to ignore these controllers. Do you know any
other way to change master tuning?

I'll take a look at the shell help, maybe I can learn something there, but
I was trying to use midi controller messages so I could do it from the
keyboard.

Thanks.
--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó