Re: [fluid-dev] Tuning

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Tuning
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:12:21 +0100

Josh Green escrigué:
Hello Bernat,

I added support for the following RPNs:
00: Bend range (MSB only, in semitones)
01: Fine tune (MSB and LSB +/- 50 cents, center at 8192)
02: Coarse tune (MSB only +/- semitones, center at 64)

I did not test them though.  If you could try them out and let me know
if they work as expected, that would be great!

Along with these changes, I also checked in a new PulseAudio driver.

Best regards,
        Josh
Thank you, it's been really fast.

Well, I've tried compiling from the SVN trunk but none of the three RPN controllers have worked. I've look at the new code and everything seems in place.

This is a dump of a midi message for a coarse tuning controller change from my keyboard:
20:0   Control change          0 101   0
20:0   Control change          0 100   2
20:0   Control change          0   6  64

I've tried debugging the code but can't make my way through without some help. I've done:
./configure --enable-debug
./make
./make install

Then I start gdb but it doesn't know about any debugging symbols.

I've tried loading them with "symbols-file /usr/local/lib/libfluidsynth.so" so I got all symbols loaded but I set a breakpoint with "break fluid_chan.c:265", ran it and got this message:
"Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 1.
Error accessing memory address 0x1b321: Input/output error."

Besides making the new controllers work I'd like to know how to debug it too.

Thank you.
Best regards.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó