freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Bugs in Pango

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Bugs in Pango
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 17:48:16 -0600

My experiences with pango haven't been that good, mainly because I don't work
on Redhat. Debian (the distribution I do work on) has packages for pango
1.0.5, and gedit doesn't show bengali characters with that. I'm not sure if
that has to do with the version of pango or the way fonts are registered with
pango on debian. I did compile pango 1.1.4 (in /usr/local), but I'm not sure
how to make applications use that instead of the older libraries.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think pango-viewer is no longer maintained
properly by the pango people, and it probably doesn't work with later
versions of qt (I asked on the gtk-i18n mailing list once, but didn't get a
reply, so I'm not absolutely sure, but I think I once read something to this
effect some other place).

Any idea when the next official release of pango is going to be ?