freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: [Ankur-gnome-tran] Realization after seein

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: [Ankur-gnome-tran] Realization after seeing the fonts in action
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 23:26:15 +0530

X-Operating System: GNU/Linux

On Thursday 01 May 2003 10:23 pm, Deepayan Sarkar said in public:
> I've often wondered the same thing myself, namely, how to say that a font
> should be displayed at actual pointsize 16, say, when 12 is requested. I
> don't know if that can be done (I couldn't find anything in Pfaedit) but
> Mukti seems to manage it somehow. Any font experts here care to comment ?

I took a closer look, and found the obvious ;-)

In Bangla, you are allowing around 1/3 of the allocated height for the i-kaars
and the similar "matras".
However, English glyphs in the same font/other font occupy the whole height,
and thus the Bangla fonts seem small.
The solution would be to decrease the ht of the English glyphs to 2/3 of the
original.

> For the screenshot (and this has nothing to do with the problem at hand),
> could you try removing Likhan and try again ? The english glyphs being used
> are the crappy Likhan ones, which makes no sense.

Ok, Sagar has no Latin glyphs - will be adding some.

-sdg-

--
:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Reducing processes needed                      LOST #105

An attempt should be made to  reduce number of processes where
ever possible ... example  "cat filename | less"  is valid but
evokes 2 processes. The same is possible with "less filename",
with only one process evoked.

: