freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] latin glyphs (was Re: Realization after ...)

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] latin glyphs (was Re: Realization after ...)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 19:54:05 +0530

On Friday 02 May 2003 1:44 am, Deepayan Sarkar said in public:
> > > For the screenshot (and this has nothing to do with the problem at
> > > hand), could you try removing Likhan and try again ? The english glyphs
> > > being used are the crappy Likhan ones, which makes no sense.
> >
> > Ok, Sagar has no Latin glyphs - will be adding some.
>
> This was something I meant to bring up for discussion. Do we really want to
> have latin glyphs for all our fonts ? Except for the size thing, that seems
> kind of stupid, since (at least on Linux) the fallback mechanism works
> quite well. Why waste effort on something other people are doing better ?

I understand your point. However, I don't know how the fallback mechanism
works. What if it chooses some, say decorative or crappy English font as the
default fallback for applications. That can be a major source of trouble and
galigalaj.
-sayamindu-

--
:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : File/ dir permissions                          LOST #019

Value    Permission                       Directory Listing
0        No read, no write, no execute    ---
1        No read, no write, execute       --x
2        No read, write, no execute       -w-
3        No read, write, execute          -wx
4        Read, no write, no execute       r--
5        Read, no write, execute          r-x
6        Read, write, no execute          rw-
7        Read, write, execute             rwx

: