freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] khanda ta

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] khanda ta
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 21:14:01 -0500

While looking at http://www.unicode.org/faq/indic.html, I saw the section on
khanda ta, and it seems we are doing things a bit differently from what they
have suggested. To be precise, we (at least I) place the khanda ta glyph as
the halant form of ta, rather than the half form as they have suggested. The
usage would be slightly different, for example, a khanda ta at the end of a
word will have to be encoded as

ta + hasanta + ZWJ

and not just ta + hasanta. I think we should change things to fit this rule.
Anyone have any thoughts on this ?