freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] khanda ta

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] khanda ta
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:31:33 +0530

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 7:44 am, Deepayan Sarkar said in public:
> While looking at http://www.unicode.org/faq/indic.html, I saw the section
> on khanda ta, and it seems we are doing things a bit differently from what
> they have suggested. To be precise, we (at least I) place the khanda ta
> glyph as the halant form of ta, rather than the half form as they have
> suggested. The usage would be slightly different, for example, a khanda ta
> at the end of a word will have to be encoded as
>
> ta + hasanta + ZWJ
>
> and not just ta + hasanta. I think we should change things to fit this
> rule. Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

OK - change this in the Template font.
Also, the next update for all fonts should carry this fix.
-sdg-

--
:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Suppressing login messages                     LOST #112

Login program will display the contents of /etc/motd  (Message
Of The Day). To stop it from displaying create a  zero  length
file called .hushlogin in your home dir (viz touch .hushlogin)

: