freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] khanda ta

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] khanda ta
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:43:26 -0500

Well, guess what ? Pango doesn't handle this properly -- it seems to think ZWJ
is the same as ZWNJ. Which means all instances of what should be khanda ta is
displayed as ta-e-hasanta. What should we do now ?

As a temporary measure, we could use the khanda ta glyph in place of the
ta-e-hasanta glyph. This would mean that correctly encoded khanda ta's would
be displayed correctly (though interpreted incorrectly), but ta-e-hasanta's
would not be displayed correctly (which is no worse than what happens now).

I think we need to get pango/freetype to fix these problems. Does anyone know
what the appropriate forums to report these are ?