freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Unibangla [and other] controversy

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Unibangla [and other] controversy
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:41:50 +0530

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 3:25 pm, you wrote:
> Sayamindu, Thanks for your answer. I saw your screenshot. You are right
> some of the general parameters are same.  Would you tell me also if glyphs
> are visually also similar to your font? If this is so I would like to
> include "glyphs acknowlegement".

I am no glyph expert  - so I guess you should ask a font expert.

> Otherwise I guess while fixing basic size
> of bangla fonts, some of the parameters are manually kept same as aakash.
> Still its logical we include a humble remark on where the helps are taken.
> Sayamindu, we are men in the same boat :).  I will tell to fix the typo and
> make "GNU Licence" to "GNU Public licence". Is it okay? BTB Did you noticed
> the positioning and substitution logic of the font? This is pretty well
> designed as per Bakhtiar bhai's long experience in Bangla font. Again you
> are welcome to take the ownership and suggest what steps necessary for
> making it a complete Bangla OTF font.  Rahat Ayub

See - I don't worry and I don't care if the font does not carry my name - I
don't want a font to carry my name for minute things like em size and stuff
like that. *However* I do mind when Akaash is used as a reference material
for fonts which do not follow a clear licensing policy, and fonts which do
not provide the source.
Please tell the developers to provide the VOLT vtp files along with the font,
and if they have used PFaedit - the sfd file.

Hope that clear things up.
-regards-
Sayamindu

--
:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : How to read HTML mails from mutt               LOST #103

To read HTML mails from mutt, append in ~/.mailcap
text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s; copiousoutput
And in ~/.muttrc add : auto_view text/html
                       set implicit_autoview

: