freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Mukti and IPR violation

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti and IPR violation
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:44:18 +0100 (BST)

I have sent the following message in VOLT discussion board. As the
issue concerned was first discussed there I thought a follow up
should be posted there, so people do not call us thieves.
Though this issue is not directly related to MS VOLT, but as this
issue was extensively discussed in this discussion board, and
intellectual property rights issues are very important one as far
as OT font development is concerned, I am writing this message.

QUOTE

The Free Software Foundation and Cyberscape Multimedia has
withdrawn Bengali - bng1-n.ttf and bng1-b.ttf fonts from GPL for
possible copyright violation issues. So Mukti set of fonts are
withdrawn by free bangla font project till the copyright issues are
clear.
We also request members of this community not to distribute the
fonts till the picture becomes clear.
UNQUOTE

=====

Dr Anirban Mitra