freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] variants for vowel signs

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] variants for vowel signs
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 00:25:53 +0530

On Wed, 21 May 2003 21:32:12 -0500
Deepayan Sarkar <address@hidden> wrote:

> Could you be more specific ? Do you mean the many different hrassho i and
> dirgha i signs etc ? Will need contextual positioning I think, so not
> currently possible with Pfaedit.
>
> In the long run, of course, it's a good thing to have. But do we want these
> complications in the template as well ?

Nope - each font should have different applications - variants don't become
very significant for on-screen viewing - only when one is printing, tey become
important.

> Incidentally, are we planning to put up the template font (possibly after
> modifications) on the FBF site ?

Yep - I was wondering if we could write a short tutorial on creating OTF with
pfaedit and template, but I don't have the time right now.
Anyway, we will upload it to the site.

-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/]
Get my Public Keys at http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/keys.html

Sub : How to read HTML mails from mutt               LOST #103

To read HTML mails from mutt, append in ~/.mailcap
text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s; copiousoutput
And in ~/.muttrc add : auto_view text/html
                       set implicit_autoview

: