[Freecats-Dev] Re: Freecats-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 11

From: Dave Simons
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Re: Freecats-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 11
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:23:31 +0100

Whatever you planned, it might prove useful to extract ALL localizable
data, in a broad sense:
colour, dimension, font name, image file path, etc. (the same for a .RC
file)
This, even if the "pure" translator is not really concerned by these
rather technical points, it would greatly help to be able to retrieve
these localized items when updates come. Of course, these data should
not be included in word counts...

Well, my answer is, why not, later on, if somebody volunteers ;-)

Henri

Extract all localizable data from what? to do what with it?
What have colour, dimension, font name, etc. to do with localization?
Have I misunderstood the use of the term "localizable" here?
What is meant by "retreiving localized items when there are updates"?
Updates to what? Doing what with the items when they are retrieved?

Does it sound like I'm lost here?

Dave