[Freecats-Dev] Cooperation with other project teams

From: Kemper DOC (Nerim)
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Cooperation with other project teams
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:12:44 +0200

Hi all,

I have not yet read any message from Yves Champollion detailing indexing
strategies under the hood (but let's not forget it's not a free software -
we're simply asking for cooperation, not surrender).

Nor from Marc Prior or any Java-proficient developer, IF he happened to have
a look at OmegaT's internals.

Nor from Thierry Sourbier, IF he happened to have a look at Foreign Desk's
internals.

We would also be glad to receive feedback about KBabel's under the hood
secrets, not to mention POEdit, which development team we did not contact -
yet.

I came across another project currently going on, that we might contact,
Open Translation Engine (OTE):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ote/

Whatever. At the very least, OmegaT and Foreign Desk being free software, it
would be interesting to know more or less accurately how they work.
OmegaT is written in Java (see at http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat/)
Foreign Desk is written in C#, C++, and Visual Basic (see at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/foreigndesk/).

Oh, and I forgot: of course, we must quickly include Breton, it's a question
of pride :-)
Y'a des bretonnants, dans le coin?

Cheers,

Henri Chorand