freecycle-users

Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [Freecycle-users] IPATCH_CONVERTER_FIND_PARENT (fr

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [Freecycle-users] IPATCH_CONVERTER_FIND_PARENT (freecycle-CVS-20060505)
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:27:11 +0200

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 14:52 +0200, Predrag Viceic wrote:
> Huh,
>
> Libinstpatch is moving very fast these days, I'll try to look at the problem.
> I'm posting this also to the swami list.
>
> Cheers,
> Predrag

Hello, I'm going to try and make the libInstPatch API stable ASAP.  It
has been changing from time to time though, so that is what has happened
there.  I want to try and avoid getting locked into a particular API if
it is not adequate enough.  At some point soon the API needs to be
stable though, if libinstpatch is going to be a usable library from
other applications.  I suppose if worse comes to worse I could fork it
and package it directly with Swami (if Swami needs some particular
changes).

Here is a list of changes related to those errors that were printed:

IPATCH_CONVERTER_FIND_PARENT/IPATCH_CONVERTER_FIND_CHILD were being used
in the flags fields of the ipatch_find_converter() function, this
function no longer has flags parameters though.  You now just pass the
source and destination types and the converter system will try and find
the best match.  The ipatch_convert_objects() and
ipatch_convert_object_to_type() functions are often even more
convenient.

ipatch_sf2_zone_set_item was renamed to ipatch_sf2_zone_set_link_item.

ipatch_range_new now has 2 parameters (low, high) for initializing the
range.

Here is the current API for libInstPatch.

http://swami.sourceforge.net/api/libinstpatch/

Sorry for all the changes.  I'll do my best to make the API stable when
it gets released.  I know one change I'd like to make, which is likely
to cause a lot of function renaming.  I'll have a look at the Freecycle
code and can make any changes that are necessary if that's helpful.

Best regards,
        Josh Green