Re: [pooma-dev] Tutorials's PDF Version

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Tutorials's PDF Version
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:50:33 -0700

On 3/21/01 11:31 AM, "Jeffrey Oldham" <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://www.acl.lanl.gov/pooma/html/ has a link to a PDF
> version of the tutorials, but the PDF file omits tutorial 5.  How was
> this PDF file created?  Is there a makefile?  Are the source files for
> the PDF file and the HTML tutorials the same?  Are these the .html and
> .gif files in r2/docs?
>
> Today, I hope to submit a few typographical fixes to the
> tutorals.  Am I right in assuming that the tutorials are important
> enough to fix small mistakes, at least in the short term?

Hi Jeffrey,

The PDF was generated by Adobe Acrobat from the HTML. It isn't essential to
keep this up to date as the HTML evolves. I will figure out how to generate
the PDF for th future. No idea why tutorial 5 isn't included.

I believe that fixing the tutorials is important. One note: please take care
to either use an HTML editor like Dreamweaver that doesn't mangle the HTML
or change the HML directly. Otherwise, it is a nightmare to merge changes.

Scott

--
Proximation LLC
2960 Rodeo Park Drive West