Re: My proposal for the test kernel.

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Re: My proposal for the test kernel.
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:42:25 -0800

Attached are the algorithmic outline I wrote for myself as I read the
paper.  Skip over Section 1 to Secton 2.

I guess the Section 2 algorithm is more complicated because you
suggest using only one (or a small constant) predictor steps so the
cells do not change shape..  Is this the correct interpretation of

    The corner forces going into the velocity update and the energy update
    are all calculated based upon the initial geometry of the test
    problem.  (One might consider using the velocity update to update the
    coordinates which would have then updated all the cell volumes and
    face areas, density etc.---fortunately this complexity is not in the
    model.)

?

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden

Attached (all the same material but in different formats):
1. PDF file
2. PostScript file
3. LaTeX file