Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: src/NewField Changes

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: src/NewField Changes
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:35:02 -0800

        I revised the NewField patch per Scott's comments.  Is it OK
to commit?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 05:35:33PM -0700, Scott Haney wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 28, 2001, at 05:01 PM, Jeffrey Oldham wrote:
>
> > In the continuing pursuit to compile a "hello, world" Pooma program
> > using g++, here are more changes.
> >
> > OK to commit?
> >
> > 2001-03-28  Jeffrey D. Oldham  <address@hidden>
> >
> >     * PrintField.h (PrintField::PrintField): Reorder constructor
> >     initializers to reflect class member order.
> >     * Updater/UpdaterList.h (UpdaterListData::UpdaterListData):
> >     Likewise.  Also add default initializer for base class.
> >     (UpdaterListData::~UpdaterListData): Change loop iterator type to
> >     correspond to std::vector.
> >
> I don't mind reordering, but, as I mentioned before, I'd like to
> understand the default base class ctor stuff.

I removed the default base class ctor stuff.

> I don't fully understand why the  typedef is required. But, if it is
> required by the standard, could we put it in the function?

The C++ standard \S 23.1 [Container requirements] requires
x::size_type to be an unsigned integral type.  I moved the typedef
into the destructor.

Tested on       sequential Linux using gcc 3.1 by compiling Pooma library
                and a Pooma "hello, world" program
Approved by     ???you???

Thanks,
Jeffrey D. Oldham