RE: [pooma-dev] RFA: src/NewField Changes

From: Julian C. Cummings
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] RFA: src/NewField Changes
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:54:53 -0800

Whew!  I just slogged through the recent e-mail flurries!
Jeffrey, could you please hold off on changes in the
Domain subdirectory such as the one below, regarding
comparisons of unlike types?  I am in the midst of
reworking that section to eliminate the use of enums
in favor of static data members.  This will resolve
this issue completely once my work is complete.  I hope
to have new Domain sources to run by everyone within
the next few days.  Thanks!

By the way, I figured out why the HP aCC compiler was
complaining that "wildcard" was undefined in certain
contexts.  It has to do with the fact that enums are
nested types and thus are not automatically "inherited"
when deriving from a templated base class.  Yuck!
Again, this will all go away with my proposed changes.
Just give me a day or two to complete this.

Thanks, Julian C.