Re: [FR-devel] IMPORTANT CVS announcement

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] IMPORTANT CVS announcement
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:01:48 +0200

Rich Kilmer wrote:
Well, the problem is that Fox is limiting us to one resizable main
window.  The DataBusInspector is a dialog (and thus not resizable).  I
will try and fix this in my refactorings.  One alternative is to make
the whole thing MDI (Multiple Document Interface).

Please, please.... no MDI!!!

Here is what I suggest:

a) May be Curt could change his laptop setting to something more 'conventional' :-)

b) FOX 1.2 is coming soon and mutliple main windows are part of the new version. So the Databus Inspector can become a main window again. It was so in the early days because FOX 1.1 on Linux tolerates this but it crashed on WIndows.

Laurent

Thoughts?

-rich