FreeRIDE for Debian (was: Re: [FR-devel] RE: FreeRIDE Status)

From: Esteban Manchado Velázquez
Subject: FreeRIDE for Debian (was: Re: [FR-devel] RE: FreeRIDE Status)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:26:08 +0000

Just some comments,

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 03:13:53PM -0500, Laurent Julliard wrote:
> [...]
> Sure. I have alreayd generated RPM files (source and binary) for all
> of these and I welcome Debian packages. Visit
> http://www.rubyide.org/files/ to see how I have organized things so
> far. I can easily add an rpm/deb level on top of it.

OK. Anyway, if official Debian packages are built, it won't be needed.

> It would be nice if you could keep these packages up to date in the
> future because I don't use Debian myself.

I can build the (official) packages and keep them up to date, but there are
some problems:

   1) Debian still doesn't have FXRuby officially packaged. Someone is working
on it, but it's not released yet. I can talk to him to try to speed up the
process or to begin working with an unofficial snapshot.
   2) I probably won't maintain packages outside the Debian "scope". That is,
I don't want to build any packages that contain more than one program or
library in it, nor packages that don't comply with the Debian Policy.

That is, if I take the time to make them, I want to do it right and make the
official ones.

BTW, when I open a file and the source browser, FreeRIDE dies with the
following message:

./plugins/SourceParser/SimpleParser.rb:127:in `parse': super: no superclass
method `parse' (NameError)
        from ./plugins/SourceParser/SimpleParser.rb:116:in `parse_string'
        from ./plugins/SourceParser/SourceParser.rb:34:in `parse_code'
        from ./freebase/databus.rb:923:in `call'
        from ./freebase/databus.rb:923:in `call'
        from ./freebase/databus.rb:560:in `call'
        from ./plugins/System_GuiCore/EditPanes.rb:231:in `parse_code'
        from ./plugins/SourceBrowser/SourceBrowser.rb:120:in `update'
        from ./plugins/SourceBrowser/SourceBrowser.rb:99:in `toggle'
         ... 21 levels...
        from ./freebase/core.rb:35:in `new'
        from ./freebase/core.rb:35:in `startup'
        from ./freeride/freeride.rb:53:in `startup'
        from -e:1

:-( Any ideas?

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso*demiurgo*org> - http://www.demiurgo.org
No software patents in Europe! - freepatents.org - proinnova.hispalinux.es